Bearden High School’s golf team will host tryouts for the 2019 golf team on May 16 at 4 p.m. at Gettysvue. Every athlete is required to bring a completed physical form to tryout. The tryout will consist of skills evaluation in addition to playing 9 holes. Immediately following tryouts will be a parent meeting in the clubhouse for those that make the team. The meeting will discuss the upcoming season, expectations, pay team fees, and answer any questions. The team anticipates having four to five players for the girls team and seven to eight for the boys team. Please email Coach Lane at Tyler.Lane@knoxschools.org if you plan on coming to tryouts. In addition to tryout information, there are notable dates and events listed below that each individual planning on trying out should be aware of:
- For those that make the team, we will have a team retreat on a date that is TBD. Once this date is set, please keep this date open on your schedules, as this is very important for setting expectations and building team chemistry.
- If you make the team, qualifying for the tournaments in the fall season will be based on pre-season team qualifying rounds as well as individual summer tournaments. Every member of the BHS Golf Team is expected to play in AT LEAST 3 spring/summer tournaments. Your top 3 18 hole scores from spring/summer tournaments (Sneds tour, HJGT, AJGA, Jr. Club Championship, etc) will be combined with team qualifying to determine the lineup for early matches. The more tournaments you play, the more it increases your chances to make the lineup.
- Official practice season will be July 8 through July 19 . Details of this practice season will be discussed at the team retreat.
- Follow @Beardengolf on Twitter for everything golf related, from events and scheduling to golf updates and articles.
- We will host a Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser on Aug. 17 from 8 to 10 a.m. at Aubrey’s (Cedar Bluff/Middlebrook). Tickets will be $5.